- School Visits
- Our Community
- Learner Information
- About Us
Learners are welcome to connect their smart phones to the school’s wifi network, but smart phones are not suitable for use in every lesson.
While we are not prescribing any devices we suggest they have greater functionality than a phone. Most standard devices will be capable of scheduling, note taking, accessing on line resources and managing any specific tools the school and learner feel would aid learning.
If you have not purchased a device or are in the replacement cycle, you may find this information helpful.
The device needs to allow learners to create, edit and design efficiently. Learners do not require a really powerful/expensive machine as they will be saving and sharing their work in the cloud. Netsafe provides the following definition.
A digital citizen:
· is a confident and capable user of ICT
· uses technologies to participate in educational, cultural, and economic activities
· uses and develops critical thinking skills in cyberspace
· is literate in the language, symbols, and texts of digital technologies
· is aware of ICT challenges and can manage them effectively
· uses ICT to relate to others in positive, meaningful ways
· demonstrates honesty and integrity and ethical behaviour in their use of ICT
· respects the concepts of privacy and freedom of speech in a digital world
· contributes and actively promotes the values of digital citizenship
If you would like to learn more about digital citizenship and keeping safe online, check out: